Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Real Dyed in the Wool Talent

Yesterday was the final day of Stage One of the Springboard Mentoring program that I have been participating in over the past couple of months. The program is designed to foster design businesses and provide them with access to some of Australia's leading professionals working within the sector. It has been a brilliant experience to be included in the program and I have enjoyed meeting the designers in the Brisbane group and sharing our experiences and trials and tribulations of being in small business.

One of the designers I have met is Silke from Kaffee Studio whose fabulous brooches I featured a few weeks ago. The latest instalment of her work available at Lyssy May includes these funky cuffs and chokers - all are handmade from natural fibres and have been coloured with vegetable dye.

I hope to be working further with some of the talented souls I met at Springboard in the coming months so I will keep you updated on what we are planning!

No comments: