Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bird at My Window Grows Up

Running a small business often involves a lot of hard work and sacrifice and can lead you to question why on earth you are doing it some days. Then out of the blue you will have a wonderful reminder of why you love to do what you do. This happened the other day when I received a lovely note and photo from Melissa (pictured above) who said she was smitten with her new Lyssy May bag. After spying the Bird at My Window Little Miss design she knew she would love it in a 'grown up' size so we worked together through the magic of email to make one of her very own along with a matching zip pouch. I love how Melissa has co-ordinated the bag with her cute red pinafore. Thanks for making my day!

Unfortunately I can't say the same for the person who decided to grab a 'five finger discount' for one of my other Little Miss designs in the shop in the last week. It is truly distressing when people steal things that have been created with so much time and love and I can only say that the bag was made filled with beautiful thoughts but walked out the door filled to the brim with bad karma.

1 comment:

Thea said...

I am a strong believer in Karma too and as much as it hurts that somebody so easily took something that cost so much of your time and soul; it will cost them much more in the end. Good things will follow for you Alyssa!