Sunday, May 3, 2009

Studio & Sale (two great words together)

Yesterday I mozied along to the designer studio sale at the Nicholas Building in Swanston street and snapped up a few little pieces for crafting, had a drool at the Peta Pledger garments (am especially loving the 'Sara' nautical shirt, above) and also had the opportunity to meet the lovely Anna of 'Anna Laura' fame. Her fabulous brooches are so individual and quirky that it took me quite a while until I settled on Rita, below.
I also love the range of quirky cards (including brilliant Mother's Day ones) that Anna designs with her partner under the label 'Able and Game' . I was particularly taken with the Little Shoes range like below. So taken in fact I just had to have a splurge on one of her screen printed bags with this design. Thanks for the great chat Anna - it is fantastic to meet the designers behind the blogs and the websites in the flesh!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so nice to meet you on Saturday. I told my boyfriend about our Brisband conversation and he said, but you were not being serious were you and I said, um kinda. I'm cold!

Helen said...

Oh my goodness please roster Gods give me a Melbourne overnight or four this month ppplease! Your little expedition sounded so lovely Miss Lyssey - glad you're soaking up all that Melbourne has to offer.

I had the pleasure of being Thea's neighbour at the Brissy S&C show. Your bag with Thea's peacock design was definitly a show stopper!

I've posted a pic on my blog so please feel free to copy it for your records.

xh