Friday, December 5, 2008

If I were in Brissy this weekend...

... I'd be checking out the Young Designers Market at Southbank on Sunday! This time around they will be on the nearby lawns which I think will make a fabulous setting. Be sure not to miss the stands belonging to my buddies - Hot Toffee, Jaime Beattie and Thea and Sami. They will have brilliant handmade gift ideas for you this Christmas. Buy Australian Made and make a kangaroo smile!!

And as I am in Melbourne this weekend I hope to make it to the Malvern Magnolia Square market to take a little break from the sewing machine. Last week I made it to Magnolia Square in Brighton, followed by the Sisters Market in Brunswick and then on Sunday for good measure I went to the Melbourne Design Market at Federation Square. All of them with such amazing things to check out and all had very different vibes although I did note a some stallholders backing up from Saturday to be at Federation Sq on Sunday - hats off to your dedication as I know how tiring a one day market can be let along doing up to 4 days in a row!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks for the link Alyssa. The market was so much better on the grassy area! Hope you enjoyed the Melbourne markets - I'm so envious!

Anonymous said...

Its just not the same without you.