Monday, November 3, 2008

Red-dy Steady Go

Whilst my blogging has been quiet for a month, Lyssy May has been a hive of activity behind the scenes with a new look website and product range just around the corner. Since my last entry when I was leaving Morningside I have moved to Melbourne and whilst I haven't ventured far as at yet because I have been setting up a new home, I did take a wander through the Hawthorn townhall craft markets yesterday. It is always so heartening to see crafty people of all ages and styles gathered in the one spot and this monthly market has some real treasures. I spied a stall belonging to Chien and her mother, Tonki who is visiting from Malaysia. They were selling handmade baskets made from recycled magazines and I was so impressed with how sturdy and beautifully made their designs are. I snapped up the one above for a Christmas present. It is sitting in my lounge room at the moment along with my 1960's sewing box and Cath Kidston mushroom pincushion. A nice little red ensemble to brighten my day - I just have to be strong willed enough to actually hand it over at Christmas!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute! Great find.