Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday night tea time


It is a long weekend here in Victoria but today was a long one for all the wrong reasons. Yesterday's wild weather conditions in Melbourne led to considerable damage at the Lyssy May studio resulting in a lot of mopping up the floors and shelves (and the odd tear at some of the precious items that are now waterlogged such as a stitchery guide my grandmother gave me for my 15th birthday). However fortunately the stock and fabrics are all ok which I am thankful for and at least I have a nice dry roof to sleep under unlike some Melbournians tonight as the rain falls again (plus I cannot imagine how those in Queensland are dealing with the devastating floods when just a few inches of water is so awful to deal with).

It was nice however to come home to see what is in the fridge for a quick meal and a lovely Sunday night dinner of poached Daylesford Organics farm eggs with ham on toast has made me a bit more sunny side up tonight!

5 comments:

yardage girl said...

Bummer about the book - I know how you feel. At least your fabric and stock were spared. Glad the day ended a bit "sunny" with some yummo eggs. Talk soon, Nic

Lyssy May said...

Thanks Nic - I hope you got everything out ok and have dried out. Unfortunately all of my equipment is damaged but that is a lot easier to replace than fabrics collected over years and years!

Kate said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your awful day but so pleased the eggies helped. Maybe a bath and a good book too. Much love Kate XX

Thea said...

Oh Dear, Melbourne has had a hard time so I can't complain about the wet weather here. Some of the damage wseen on the News was scary so yes, thank Goodness you have a roof over your head. x

Spin Spin said...

Boo hoo that makes me sad (more sad!) as the stuff I lost is replaceable :( But it's a sunny day today and hopefully the worst of it is behind us, fingers crossed!